Engr. Mobeen Hussain; GM, AL-HAJ FAW Motors Pvt Ltd.
Prof Dr Mir Shabbar Ali, NEDUniversity
Engr. Dr. Omer Qureshi, IST-NUST, Islamabad
Engr. Ashfaque Ahmed Ujjan, PSQCA
Prof. Dr. Syed Mushahid Hussain Hashmi, Department of Automotive Engineering NED University
- Road Map for the formulation of Vehicle Safety Laws
- Vehicle Testing and Fitness Certification
- Road Safety Audit for new and Existing Roads
- Policy and Road Map for Gradual Phasing out of vehicles older than 20 years
- Vehicle safety laws to be equally applied to used imported vehicles
- PS4845 (passenger cars) & PS789 (agricultural tractors should be approved and recommended to the Government of Pakistan to be brought into the mandatory list of PSQCA to monitor the quality.
- Need to promote education of automotive engineering and technology by setting institutions across the country.
- Need to develop strong linkage between academia and automotive industry.
- Need to adopt leapfrog approach in dealing with emerging technologies of automotive such as Electric vehicles countering environmental pollution.
- Need to maintain database for automotive sector.
- Extensive efforts are needed to undertake the development of indigenous vehicle.
- Separate track for motorcycles for reduction of Rider & Pedestrians Injuries
- Establishing Helmet & Seat Belts Laws
- Speed Management
- Effective use of I-T technology in traffic control for metropolitan city (Intelligent Transport System, ITS Technology)
- Develop Data System (Trauma & Collision Data)
- Safe Vehicle Design
- Implementing Road Safety in the planning & Design stage
- Improvisation of the License System
- Improvisation of Pre-hospital Care System
- Implementation of traffic control infrastructure.
- Establishment of National Lead Road Safety Agency
- Establishment of Trauma Surveillance (Highways)
- Safety Oriented Accident Investigation
- Awareness, Education & Training Wing of Road Safety Technical/ Engineering Cell.
-Published on pages#32-33 & 34 June-2017 edition of MOBILE WORLD Magazine