The seventh Annual Meeting of Global Automotive Forum (the “GAF”) is going to be held on June 6-7, 2016 in Chongqing, China. The GAF has been run for 6 years in the cities of Chengdu, Wuhan and Chongqing respectively. The high level of participation, as well as the quality of the discussion has demonstrated its usefulness as an annual, truly global platform that discusses the structural changes, trends, critical factors and opportunities facing the automotive sector both worldwide and in China. With its global view and high profile, the Forum has become a “must-attend” international event for industry leaders.
Created by the China Council for Promotion of International Trade, Automotive Committee, the GAF goes beyond existing national and regional automotive conferences by taking a holistic, integrated approach to the global automotive industry that aims to generate a productive and outcome-oriented exchange of views among manufacturers, political decision-makers, experts and media leaders on a global basis. In doing so, the GAF provides participants with unique insights into the technological, economic, societal and trade developments impacting the industry.
The world economy continues to recover, but the process is slow and uneven. Thus the theme for the seventh annual meeting, GAF2016, is set as Pivoting to a New Round of Development.
Building upon the success of prior years, the GAF2015 was another great success. Highlights included:
- Over 800 participants from 17 countries and regions.
- More than 75 speakers from China and the rest of the world, including the Chairmen and Presidents of China’s top auto makers, senior global executives and experts and senior officials from China’s important ministries and major cities.
- Wide participation by the media, with journalists from over 160 Chinese and international news organizations and extensive coverage by China Central Television (CCTV), a co-sponsor of the Forum.
- Lively debates on topic affecting the industry, press conference and special events.
The Organizers are proud of what has already been accomplished, and are determined to make the GAF2016 even more successful. GAF2016 was widely advertised in the Auto China 2016, the biggest auto show in the world this year, closed days ago, in several ways: two-hundred TV screens repeatedly broadcasting the GAF2015 documentary video (15-minute long) every thirty minutes, large advertisements in the outer wall of show venue south entrance and in VIP guest parking zone. It is no doubt that GAF 2016 would be more vividly presented with fruitful outcomes, they have focused on.
- On site recording of Dialogue, the most famous TV talk show program targeting middle class viewers, by China Central Television (CCTV) during GAF2016
- Truly global: confirmed participation of delegations from the USA, Germany, France, Japan, Korea and so on.
- More small scale workshops targeting specific industry issues
- Colorful concurrent events: Auto Chongqing, dozens of bilateral meetings, factory tour, networking salon, VIP reception, etc
At this stage, GAF2016 has gained great attention from many international and Chinese auto companies and a great number of senior managements have confirmed their participation, just give you a few of examples:
- Michael Ableson, Vice President, Strategy and Global Portfolio Planning, General Motors Company, USA
- Hubertus Troska, Member of the Board of Management of Daimler AG, Germany, responsible for Greater China
- Roland Krueger, President, Infiniti Motor Company, Ltd., USA
- Ayumu Matsuo, Operating Officer, Honda Motor, Japan
- Zhu Yanfeng, Chairman of Dongfeng Motors, China
- Chen Zhixin, President of SAIC Motor Corporation, China
- Li Shufu, Chairman of Geely Group, China
- Zhu Huarong, President of Changan Motor, China
- Dr. Ralf Cramer, Member of the Executive Board of Continental AG, Germany; President and CEO of Continental China
- Swamy Kotagiri, Chief Technology Officer, Magna International, Canada
- Robert. Pyle, President, Light Vehicle Driveline Technologies at Dana Holding Corporation, USA
- Silvio Angori, Chief Executive Officer of PININFARINA S.P.A., Italy
- Gao Xiqing, Former General Manager, China Investment Corporation (CIC); Professor, School of Law, Tsinghua University, China
- Hu Yuefei, Vice President, PingAn Bank, China
- Nam Kyung-pil, Governor of Gyeonggi Province, South Korea, etc.
“We sincerely hope that you will be able to include June 6-7, 2016, the dates of the Global Automotive Forum 2016, on your agenda. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you to Chongqing in June,” a Forum spokesperson said.