The Pak Business Express also called the Pakistan Business Express abbreviated as Business Express is a daily express business-class train service between Karachi and Lahore in Pakistan.
The total traveling time of the route is 18 hours with only four stops including two technical stops in Khanewal and Rohri, on a total travelling distance of 1,214 kilometers (754 mi). It is the country’s first private sector train a brainchild of the Federation of Pakistan Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
Pak Business Express was the first public-private partnership model in railway services, which kicked off back in February 2012. The train has free Wi-Fi internet service for passengers, offered by the Pakistan Telecommunications Company Limited.
In an effort to protect its market strength, the Business Express management recently unveiled new services including a pick and drop service in Lahore. It provides free pick-and-drop facility to the commuters to and from four main routes of the city. The response is good and travelers are using the facility to avoid traffic disruption.
“We are launching another service to connect Lahore with some important cities,” a spokesman of the Company told Mobile World. With this Lahore would become a transit city for many travelers. Elaborating on the service called “Intercity Service” he said they would provide air-conditioned coaches. This service is now functioning, at a discounted fare up to Swat via Peshawar, Islamabad, Rawalpindi and other major cities & towns on G. T. Road.
In addition to this, Pak Business Express also revealed plans to upgrade telecom services to the fourth generation network for better internet connectivity while travelling. The competition is improving services and working for the benefit of the common travelers.
For the first time in train travel history, management of the Business Express being a pioneer has introduced:
- Frequent Traveler Service & Discount
- SMS alert for train timings and services
- Facilities of air reservation and rent a car services
- Five channels on LCD showing sports, English movies, local entertainment programs and cartoons
- Very soon a dedicated channel to promote tourism will be added
- Recently for improving customer care and service standards, they have started work on service related training including First Aid, Fire Prevention, dealing with customers and norms of serving
Business Inn Hotel and Business Inn Cafe take care of the hospitality needs of our guests traveling to Karachi & Lahore for short business trips on Pak Business Express, the spokesman disclosed. Business Inn is located within both the Railway Station premises offering services to its customers.
The rooms are:
- Well decorated with air-conditioning, heating, LCD and mini bar.
- Personal safe.
- Modern bedroom equipment and shower.
- 24-hours front desk and room service.
- Free WIFI.
- Private car parking.
- Extra mattresses available on request.
- Welcome drink.
- 24-hours generator backup.
MOBILE WORLD correspondent had the first travel experience with family, in June this year. Courteous handling of passengers was never experienced before and all family members voted for future travelling only by this train and since then have recommended many passengers to avail the facilities with comfortable travel. Fellow travelers were also full of praises for the services and food standards.
-Published on pages#17-18, September-2015 edition of MOBILE WORLD Magazine